crow's nest - All the Random Things I Can't Remember...

crow's nest - A Blog About All the Random Things I Can't Remember...

Friday, March 24, 2006

bitTorrent, it's a nice idea...

I have found a nice, and easy way to show why I think BitTorrent is a nice idea, but will not work in it's current implementation. My brother told me that the new Podcast Ctrl+Alt+Chicken was really really funny, so I decided to pull it and watch it when I get home.

I decided to try the torrent of the file, since it was released today, and would have loads of people both pulling and seeding the file, right?

Here is my result:


Click the pic for a popup of the full size image...

So... like I said. nice idea, but in the end, it ain't werkin with the current implementation. Especially, with all the leeches that just pull the file and drop off their torrent client. Then again, I understand that too. I mean, really, who wants your sys admin knocking on your cube wall?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home