crow's nest - All the Random Things I Can't Remember...

crow's nest - A Blog About All the Random Things I Can't Remember...

Monday, March 20, 2006

I had an idea today...

I had started a homepage for my default page on my local machine. The reason that i did this was so that i could spawn my DotMac bookmarks in Firefox. Having stopped using Safari as my default browser it was nice to have access to my bookmarks again. So, now I have a page that when I hit it I can get quick and easy access to my bookmarks and the window pops up and jumps out of the way to the right hand side of my screen. Now this got me to thinking. Side note: I work at AOL, so having access to info like how many new mail messages i have and if I received new mail from any application is pretty standard. Anyway, I was thinking, what if Apple offered up an API that I could tap into and then include this on my homepage(default page). I could then get my bookmarks and my mail, or maybe just a new mail notification. I could even put it in Flash if it is based on XML. hhmmmm.....

First place I found was here:

http://developer.apple.com/internet/dotmackit.html

No time to look now, but more later....

--Audio Version--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home